Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Touchdown!!

That's exactly what we watched a plane do at Volk Field carrying 250 soldiers from the 32nd Brigade. The plane that was carrying our soldier, our hero, Nate! He landed around 6 pm this evening. Though they still have to complete several days of demobilization we got to spend a little more than an hour with him and are looking forward to having him home, for good, in a few days!!
The unfortunate part is that most of the pictures taken with my camera were distorted as somehow it got bumped on a different setting. All of the ones where we first met up with Nate are pretty hard to make out - we look like we are on fire in some of them!! All said it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. We still have a few photos. The totally ironic thing is the same thing happened four years ago when Nate arrived home from his deployment. The pictures at the welcome came out all distorted from another camera error so I guess we are just following tradition?
Myself, my sister, Nate's mom Patti, my friend Erin and Finley all headed up to Volk to see they guys fly in and see Nate. It was COLD!! Combo that with waiting on a tarmac and a little boy who doesn't understand the necessity of mittens or hats? You can't hold onto cars with mittens on!! Geesh. Finley did good for the circumstances but wasn't the happiest camper.
The whole 32nd Brigade has been coming in for a little over a week now and the rest are to follow till all 3200 are home safe and sound. It has been a long, sometimes difficult year and I am so grateful that this deployment is over.

Waiting on the Tarmac...it was COLD!!





First hug from Daddy

Weird Family picture...

My sister and my friend Erin (whose boyfriend comes in with the Torch party in a few more days!)

Awww... bottle baby... OK, I know. We are working on it. Poor Finley was on a napless bender and very tired.

Together again

Patti, Nate and Finley (pitching a fit)

Boys!!

What Finley did for most of the hour

There was an ambulance and buses outside..need I say more?



1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am sooo glad that Nate is home and that 2010 is starting out so nicely for you all! I am also very excited that I get to see Mr. Finley in your blogs again! He is getting soooo big!

    ReplyDelete