Friday, July 24, 2009

Another Summer Virus!!

Well, another summer virus appears to have gotten my child. Yesterday when my Mom and Dad were down for a visit we ended up having to take Finley in to see the Doc as he was extremely fussy, lethargic and running 102 degree fever. Per the Dr. his throat was red and probably sore but no ear infection was present (which is what I suspected?). Another summer virus! I feel like we just got over the last cold/virus merely weeks ago to now start all over again! I am getting tired of sickness all around. What is up with this year? I can't recall another year where everyone I know, including us, has been sick so often? Oh well. Guess there is not much we can do but nurse back to health. As for Mr. Finley, he was still feverish today and I had our babysitter scheduled so I could get some errands done. Finley ended napping almost the entire time she stayed with him- lucky girl. Being sick doesn't seem to be disrupting his nighttime sleep ritual of 12 hours too much so that is good. During the day he does not feel like walking or playing much and just wants to cuddle. I am good with the cuddling as I know there will be a day when my baby boy no longer needs his mommy to feel better :( . I hate seeing him sick though and it's like having an entirely different kid!! We can only hope he is back to his normal, healthy, crazy self soon! Feel better Finners!
ps- I just checked on him in his crib and he is all covered up by his blankie. It looks like he tucked himself in. So sweet.

2 comments:

  1. oh, that stinks. Ramsey just had a mild one last week and was covered in a mystery rash. I hate summer viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the little cutie's sick again :( Hope he gets over it quick.

    ReplyDelete