Saturday, July 11, 2009

Garage Sale Days!

Today and yesterday we had our garage sale. It was actually my first garage sale and my sister and I combined forces to do this since my neighborhood was having their annual garage sale weekend. We had a little iffy weather yesterday when I took the pictures... we kept most things inside the garage in case rain threatened but today we were able to move things out and spread out a bit. My mom and dad also came down to help out and that was a big help since my sister and I juggling Finley yesterday was a bit much.
I learned a few things- garage sales are a lot of work and the work pays off!! Finley and I made some cash (the"we need new living room curtains fund" as I like to call it) and got rid of some things we no longer needed. I sold a lot of Finley's baby clothing and items. Nate and I came to a decision that we don't plan on having another baby any time real soon (lol for that one anyway) and even if we did decide after he was home for good it would still have to be a combination of factors to reuse a lot of our stuff anyway. Also for the fact that who doesn't want some new stuff for a new baby and there is always something new being made for kids. I feel like we were drowning in baby stuff around here anyway so it feels good to clear some things out! It was sad to see to see things go, but happy to know they went to new babies who were going to enjoy them!! Also, I kept all of my favorite things and most sentimental things of Finley's anyway. Selling your stuff is good therapy!
The Garage sale was fun and we met a lot of nice people, mostly neighbors. I hope that others could find a good use in the stuff we no longer needed and walk away feeling like they got a great deal. I found some books for Finley at my neighbors garage sale so that made us happy!! Finley also got a new toy courtesy of my dad. Nate say's I might try to garage sale our entire household since I had such a good time...

Getting Set up on Friday

That's a lot of baby clothes!! (and diaper boxes??)

Finley had to be in his walker or he was all over the place


Cute pictures from Saturday afternoon.

Ok?

He found a nuk I was packing away...



1 comment:

  1. Glad it was a success. I absolutely love cleaning out. I usually don't even wait until garae sale as I can't stand the stuff accumulating. As far as selling some of Finley's old stuff I totally agree with you. We feel the same way about having another baby too. Just not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete