Monday, September 7, 2009

No Internet!!

You might as well have cut my right arm off for the last 4 days. I have been without internet for that long. It caused me great anxiety and suffering. Okay, that may be a little over-the-top dramatic... but....
I couldn't email with ease or Skype or IM with Nate...and I couldn't blog.

I am also a "Google" girl. When I need to know something, I need to know it that instant and that's where Google comes in. Whether its checking to see store hours, a phone number etc... presto...
Google comes through. It's been a rough 4 days.

Thank goodness for my iPhone as I did have that to rely on for emergencies but it truly gets old typing on the tiny keypad and reading the little screen. It was worth it to email Nate but other than that I don't bother unless I am out and about and need knowledge fast... you get it.

Turns out a freak turn of events including a power outage here (damn City of Madison workers digging in my neighborhood), and a wireless Router which was WAY in need of some updates caused my problem. And if you knew our house and where my husband (and all his blessed computer knowledge) has rigged our modem and router you'd know why I couldn't just plug it in and go wired...its way up high (step ladder needed) in the basement to not only run up to the office but used to accommodate running TV (via a computer) on a projector down in the basement for our workout equipment....I know. It's all very complicated. It's life at our house. Greg came up to fix it today... thankyoumuch.

Anyway. We are back.

1 comment:

  1. YES! I thought you must have been out of town, but I'm glad to hear you are back in the blogging world again. :)

    ReplyDelete