Thursday, September 17, 2009

Trip to Grandma and Grandpa's

Finley and I headed to my mom and dad's house for a couple of days. We went up to Minocqua to an animal park that was part zoo and part wildlife reserve for lack of better explanation. Finley had fun seeing and petting the diverse population of animals they had there. He also enjoyed running around as much as possible and got his first skinned knee (minor, just a scratch really).
We finished up the day with a nice dinner and headed home. The rest of the time at my mom's I failed to snap any pictures but you can be damn sure Grandma and Grandpa have plenty on their camera :)
The rest of the trip was pretty much just hanging out. My mom and I took Finley out shopping a little on Wednesday where at Target he tried to stash a tricycle in a box into the bottom of our cart- yes, the box was bigger than him. I am telling you, he is one strong boy!
Finley mastered the art of climbing stairs too. My parents have carpeted stairs... all we have at home are the basement stairs so Finley hasn't really had the opportunity to climb them. It took about 3 minutes for him to learn the up part and he still thinks you should get back down by just jumping...ahhhhh.
The only bummer about our little trip was that Finley did not sleep well at all. I have no idea why but the second and third nights he woke up screaming and was inconsolable unless I held him. This also meant not going back to sleep unless it was with me in the bed! This was the first time (since he was a tiny baby) that he has shared a bed with me and I do not intend to make this a habit! He also decided he did not want to take naps which made for an overtired cranky kid at times! I know it was just getting used to a new place and sleeping somewhere different than he's used to. When he was smaller he really did not know the difference sleeping somewhere new but now that he's very aware of everything I think it makes a huge difference.
Anyway, Finley and I had a good time "getting" away for a few days but getting back home is always refreshing too. It's where we are most comfortable and where our everyday life keeps on chugging...


















No comments:

Post a Comment